Date/Time: Thursday, April 1, 2021 - Friday, April 30, 2021 | Self-paced
Location: Virtual Event
Cost: Free, but registration is required
Hosted by: ITS EMPLOYMENT, Explore VR, Institute for Community Inclusion
Effective career planning and assessment is critical in helping people with intellectual disabilities find meaningful, well matched careers. This module will explore best practices in career planning, work-based learning strategies as well as the key elements of Discovery and how it can enhance the career planning process.
This training is part of ITS EMPLOYMENT's training series designed to support vocational rehabilitation staff and related partners in supporting improved employment services and outcomes for individuals with intellectual disabilities who receive services through vocational rehabilitation agencies.
- The series offers eight self-paced, online training modules that have been developed based on research and promising practices.
- Each module is equivalent to two hours of learning and CRC credits will be provided.
- Participants can take just one module, a few or all depending on their professional development needs.
- If you previously registered and enrolled in the first module, you do not need to register again. The new module will automatically be available in your account.
- A new topic will be offered each month and will be available for one month. Facilitator guides for each course will be available to support group learning and discussions.