Recorded Date: October 20, 2022
Start Time: 1:00 pm EDT / 12:00 pm CDT / 11:00 am MDT / 10:00 am PDT
End Time: 2:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm CDT / 12:00 pm MDT / 11:00 am PDT
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: Free to attend. Registration is Required.
CRC Credits: 1 CRC credit available.
Event Format:Presentation followed by Q&A.
Watch the Video
- Slides: Youth Apprenticeships in Rehabilitation Counseling Webinar (pdf)
- Transcript: Youth Apprenticeships in Rehabilitation Counseling (word)
- Handout: Questions and Answers from the Broadcast (word)
- Apprenticeship Guide from ODEP and DOL (pdf)
- Step By Step Apprenticeship Implementation Guide from ExploreVR (pdf)
- Expanded Pathways: Youth Apprenticeship Toolkit (pdf)
- Apprenticeships Toolkit from ExploreVR (pdf)
About this Event:
Join this webinar to explore how youth apprenticeships can be used by vocational rehabilitation (VR) practitioners in the VR process and how they interact with Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) and school to work transition programs. The purpose of the webinar is to inform State VR agency staff on the benefits and application process for youth apprenticeships. The webinar discusses youth apprenticeships in connection to career pathways, workforce development, and collaboration with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), as well as delivery strategies and available tools.
At the conclusion of this webinar, attendees will have increased awareness of:
- Youth apprenticeships in relation to career pathways
- The collaboration of youth apprenticeships with WIOA and workforce development
- Youth apprenticeship delivery methods and resources