Published Date: February 6, 2023
Start Time: 1:00 pm EDT / 12:00 pm CDT / 11:00 am MDT / 10:00 am PDT
End Time: 2:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm CDT / 12:00 pm MDT / 11:00 am PDT
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: Free to attend. Registration is Required.
CRC Credits: 1 CRC credit available.
Watch the Video
You must be logged in to view this page.
Please create an account or log in.
Audio: Career Pathways & the VR Implementation Toolkit (mp3)
About this Event:
This webinar introduces the VRTAC-QE’s 2023 Learning Community on Career Pathways. We share how this learning community was designed, how participation was determined, and how this learning community will develop a career pathways implementation toolkit for vocational rehabilitation agencies and their community partners. Learn how you can contribute to this effort and how you can leverage the tools that will be developed by the learning community to improve the implementation of career pathways models in vocational rehabilitation.
- Introduce what Career Pathways approaches are.
- Introduce the focus and intent of the VRTAC-QE 2023 Learning Community on Career Pathways.
- Learn how this Learning Community is designed, how members were selected, and the timelines for deliverables.
- Describe the 4 subcommittees topics, the types of implementation tools that are being designed, and the overall vision of the toolkit.
- Discover the types of implementation tools that may benefit VR agencies, staff, and community partners in implementing Career Pathways models.
- Learn how VR professionals, agency leaders, and community partners can contribute to the development of a Career Pathways VR Implementation Toolkit and how the toolkit will benefit career development and advancement for people with disabilities.
- Learn why this Career Pathways project is an important part of the mission of the VRTAC-QE, implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and explore ethical considerations of Career Pathways approaches to VR Counseling.